Egypt is a conservative Muslim country, so Treasures of Egypt Tours suggests you plan to dress conservatively. Layered clothes will serve you well, as mornings can be cool in the fall and winter and in the desert.
- Khaki pants or blue jeans are fine in 90% of situations.
- Cropped pants or long shorts are fine, although in a mosque, it is more appropriate to have your knees covered.
- Ladies’ blouses should cover the shoulders, cleavage, and stomach.
- On the Nile Cruise, there is often a dinner or party where a dress or nice pants and a tie would be appropriate.
- Bring a light jacket for evenings and desert travel.
- Ladies should bring a scarf to cover their hair in a mosque and to protect from sun and wind.
- Good walking shoes are a must (tennis shoes are fine).
- If you wear jewelry, it should be small and conservative. A watch will be handy.
You may also want to check out the weather page before packing for your trip.